Friday, April 1, 2011

Dad

Here is my list of 10 For my dad!! He is one special dude. My dad and I have always had a close relationship. My sisters said I'm the favorite! I just think I was the first kid he had and I was his test kid. We both learned together...and really are still learning about how to be a kid and a parent. But I love this man and here are my top 10 reasons why.

What I love about my dad....

1. My dad is old school and I mean  O L D S C H O O L!!!  It makes me laugh he has always taught me to work hard, be respectful of people. I love that we don't think the same...sometimes its nice to see a different side of a situation.

2. When we were little my parents fought and quite a bit...But my mom told me a story that has always stuck with me about my dad. They had been fighting and my mom had kicked him out of the house. My dad was the sole income for our little family back then. And my mom had said that after she had kicked him out she was worried sick about how to pay the house payment and utilities....even how she was going to get food for us kids. When she went to the bank that Friday she expected to see a few cents in their account. But to her astonishment my dad had put his whole check into the account like he always did...That has always stuck with me...my dad could have been an ass and kept the check for him self but instead he knew he had responsibilities and he took care of them. That to me is the definition of a good man, husband, and father.

3. How funny my dad is without trying to be funny. He isn't quick witted like his wife or girls. He says funny things not meaning to be funny. And we love it. We are always waiting for the next line my dad will say.

4. He is always been good about apologizing which sometimes I think as a kid is all you really need to hear. If my dad was wrong when we were little about something he would come in later that night and we would talk about it. If he wasn't wrong he would still come in and talk about it.....almost clear the air about it. You knew after one of his talks he had forgotten about it and it was "water under the bridge" as he would say.

5. How much he loves my mother...my mom gives him a bad time, but you can tell that he loves her to pieces. He is still very affectionate towards hers I only hope that Chris and I are this way after 35 years of marriage.

6. He is a wonderful son to my grandparents,he would do anything for them. He is an even more awesome grandpa and loves his grand kids to death.

7. He is extremely tender hearted...And I love that he is. You would never know that he is by looking at him but he is. I think that's where his girls and son got their softer side.

8. The old cowboy in him...he still thinks he is a cowboy and I think its great!
9. My dad and I don't talk as much as I would like now that I am older but if I had a problem I know I could go to him..He will always be there and that is very comforting to me.



10. I'm not sure why this one is last but my dad is as hard working as they come. He worked his butt off to provide for 5 kids and a wife. I cant imagine how stressful that would be. But he did it and made it look easy. I love you dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment